Tuesday, June 5, 2007

We're back in North Carolina

We left New Smyrna Beach on Friday right in front of the rain. On the way out, we stopped for one last wonderful meal at Flapjacks and More. Doug, Sherry, Tim, Crystal, Ashley, Timmy and Samantha were already there when we arrived. This restaurant is owned by Gary's nephew Bubba, wife Anna, her son Scotty and wife Christine. The food is awesome. Best pecan waffle I ever ate. They serve breakfast and lunch every day. If you're in the Daytona Beach/Port Orange area, be sure to stop by. It is located at the shopping center at I-95 and Taylor Road. Great food at great prices.

We stayed over night at the Four Points by Sheraton in Savannah. This hotel has been open about 7 months. Friendly staff and clean hotel. We used our Starpoints (Starwood Preferred Guest points) so that made it even better. No cost to us that night.

Saturday we had breakfast at the hotel and loaded up in the rain. Fortunately the hotel had a drive thru at the door so this wasn't a big problem. We came north in the rain for a couple of hours before we ran out of it. We stopped for lunch at the Bojangles in Lumberton, NC. My Dad was very, very happy. He loves Bojangles food. (There weren't any Bojangles in Florida).

It was good to get to the house and unpack. Lots of laundry to do. I worked most of the day on Sunday for the hospital. I hope to get my work hours in before Wednesday. The Internet connection here is great. We're going up to Kerr Lake on the Virgina line for the weekend. I don't think I'll have a connection there so need to finish my work before then. I've finished everything the hospital has sent so far..hopefully I'll get some more work later today.

Gary spent yesterday packing the wheel bearings on the Nash travel trailer. He checked the brakes too. This is a very good thing to do at least once a year. He says "Grease is our friend". I'm not sure I completely understand that , but sure don't want any wheel problems as we travel north.

We're taking our Jeep down to my sister Teresa and her husband David on Wednesday. They have a lot of experience selling vehicles using eBay, so they're going to sell it for us. I sure do appreciate that.
And let me brag a bit about their children Joey and Amy. Amy is first in her class. I'm very impressed. She's graduating from the 8th grade this week.
Joey is finishing his junior year. Exams this week and then out on Friday. I think he will finish at 4th in his class. Again..I'm very impressed. These are some smart kids. Congratulations guys. You're the best and we love you.
These are just two of our very special nieces and nephews. We are very blessed to have all of them in our life.

I thought I'd post some other family pictures too.

Preston and his best bud..Skipper
Parker with Preston and Mom Jeannie and Dad Rob (Deb's brother).
Mom, Dad, David, Teresa( Deb's sister), Amy and Joey.
Tim (Deb's brother) and Cheryl.
Brandon.
Chuck and Kyra.
Jenn and Mark (daughter and son-in-law).
Patrick, Rhonda and Cheryl.








No comments: