Saturday, May 26, 2007

Party Time for Bob and Family



We started our day with a delicious breakfast prepared by my Mom. Bacon, eggs and toast. Yum!!
Afterwards I worked for a couple of hours before Gary and I went for a walk on the beach. We walked down the shore to the condo the family is staying in. Managed to catch them just before they went in for lunch. We visited for a while with Sherry, Doug and Tim. Got a hug from Donna. She was enjoying the sunshine laying on her recliner chair. Tim and his family are hoping to move back to NC from Indiana after their house sells. We walked back to our condo after an hour or so. Lunch time...then Party time.

Have I mentioned that it is nice to have the space we have in the condo. Living in the travel trailer for the past couple of months has been fine but I am really enjoying the space we have this week. A walk in shower big enough for three people...(if so inclined)NOT..

The condo has a library too. Very Nice. I visited as soon as we moved in on Friday. Lots of books to choose from. I'm in heaven.

This afternoon we went over to Crane Lake's Club House. Very nice facility. The family and friends arrived and waited for Bob and Bev. They arrived shortly after 4pm. Surprise!!!
I counted family from at least 4 states that came for the party.

We had a great time. Good food. Turkey, ham, roast beef and salami with various cheeses, fresh veggies with dip, fresh fruit. Two cakes... Carrot and Chocolate. Excellent. We all sang Happy Birthday. The DJ's played requests and sang too. It seemed like they played songs from every decade. Everything from AC/DC to Johnny Cash to Bob Sieger.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you are in Heaven with your very own library! Sounds like lots of fun and I'm glad the Lees could join in the activities too! It's hot here so I'm sure it's hot there but you probably don't mind so much! Keep on having lots of fun while you're still young!

Love,
Eleanor