Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rally Time



We're enjoying our time here at the Gypsy Gathering. Or mostly anyway..I picked up some kind of bug and didn't feel well starting on Tuesday night. Yesterday I spent the day in the house going between my chair and the bed. Finally by evening I was feeling better and went over to the pizza party and the evening entertainment.

The workshops we've been to have been great. Gary has learned about fire safety, tire safety and other "blue job" sessions. I attended Nick Russell's Highway History and Back Road Mystery lecture. I'd heard this one a couple of years ago when we went to the Life on Wheels Conference. Nick tells little known stories about people in the history of the USA. Very interesting..some funny..some sad.

On Tuesday I attended a RV Record Keeping using Excel. I was the class host for this one. My only job was to get water for the instructor. Not to hard. :o)
The class was pretty basic but I did learn a couple of things about Excel that I had forgotten. I also went to RV Insurance. This was an excellent session. I learned more about insurance that will come in handy as I review our insurance policy and decide if it needs to be revised at our next renewal time.

Yesterday evening we had our pizza party. I really have to give credit to Dominos Pizza here in Celina. They delivered over 100 pizzas to us here at the fairgrounds, and each one arrived on time and piping hot. The volunteers jumped right in and served it up quick. Even though I was still feeling a little "punky" I enjoyed a piece of the cheese.

After we had all eaten, husband and wife duo Larry and Michelle Beahm from One More Time took to the stage and performed an hour of foot stomping, hand clapping music that had everybody in the crowd laughing and having a good time. Their act included some corny old jokes, some audience participation, some great music? Bob (a 2007 classmate) and a couple of the vendors joined them on stage to do a Temptaions song. Very funny. Michelle and Larry did everything from show tunes to country, rock, and blues, and we loved every minute of it. Check out their website at www.omtmusic.com to see where you can catch this fulltime RVer couple playing somewhere down the road.

Chris and Jim Guld known as Geeks on Tour are here teaching computer classes.
http://www.geeksontour.com/
Last night Gary was mistaken for Jim. Do you see the resemblance?

No comments: