Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hi Ya'll

Today I went to the Orthopedic Doc and he exchanged my long splint for a shorter "Boomerang" wrist splint. This is much smaller and without a metal brace in it. It allows my fingers freedom and I can type with my left hand again. The fractures appear to be healing as expected, but I have developed some tendinitis in the elbow and wrist. So, I also have a tennis elbow splint on too. Hopefully over the next few weeks this will subside. All in all, not too bad..at least I can type some with my left hand. :)

Things have been pretty quiet for the past couple of weeks. We're at Orlando Thousand Trails until Sunday. I've enjoyed watching the cardinals and other birds enjoying our new bird feeder. It hangs from a suction cup on our back window. I can sit on the other side of the glass inside the house and watch them. We've had about 5-6 different birds visit this week.




We're going home to North Carolina next week for a visit. We will leave Sunday and travel slowly up the east coast avoiding I-95 as much as possible. Just too many other RV's on the road also going north. This will take longer but we'll see some new sights and be in Dunn by Friday at the latest. I'm looking forward to seeing our family and friends. We already have a family dinner planned for Saturday at my Mom and Dad's house in Dunn. Then the next Wednesday we'll move up to Durham and stay at Rita's Mom and Dad's house for a week or so. Then back to Florida (Lazydays) to have some warranty work done on the house before meeting at New Smyrna Beach for the family reunion scheduled for the last week of May.

Then, we're off to the west for the summer. Not sure where yet...but we're thinking Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas...we'll see. Don't have the plans set yet, and as usual subject to change. Part of the fun is in the planning.

It just needs to get and stay warmer up there. We've been enjoying the mild weather down here very much.

No comments: