Sunday, March 9, 2008

After the "Bump in the Road"

On Friday we moved to Bubba and Anna's home site for the weekend. We went over to their house and eat dinner. We had planned to go to a motor-cross race at the Daytona Speedway but it rained..and rained..and rained...all day on Friday and on into Friday night. So we just ordered pizza from Domino's and visited for a while.

This week was Bike Week in Daytona Beach (and surrounding area). Many,many, many motorcycles and riders were in town. Temporary campgrounds were set up all up and down Tomoka Farm Road. On Saturday we went over to the beach side to Main Street, or rather I should say we attempted to go there. The traffic was so dense we only traveled on Main St for about 1 block before returning over the bridge to the mainland side. We met Bob and Bev for dinner at the Port Orange Steakhouse. Even though we were early for dinner, meeting at 4:30pm the restaurant was already packed. This was true for most restaurants we passed. Bob said over a quarter million bikes and riders were in town. I can believe it. They were everywhere.

Today we moved back to Peace River in Wauchula. We'll be here for two weeks. Just can't beat the price. $0.00

My arm is doing OK. I'm getting better at typing with 1 hand. And the pain pills are down to 1 or 2 a day. So, I guess things are progressing as expected. If careful, I can even dress myself again. :) Yeah!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to work my regular hours this week. I only worked a little over 9 hours last week. Yuck! That cuts into the budget.

Hope you are all doing well. Please drop us a line or give us a call.
Love to you all. Deb


No comments: