Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's a Merry Christmas at our Home

My Dad was discharged from the hospital on Friday. He is doing very well in his latest recovery effort. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.






























Yesterday, my family celebrated Christmas together with food and fellowship. All of my Mom and Dad's children and grandchildren (and 1 great-granddaughter) were present. Even though it rained for much of the afternoon I think everyone enjoyed the visit.

Mom and I prepared vegetables, 2 cakes and 2 pies. Other deserts were prepared by my sister in laws and niece. Teresa and David stopped at Bojangles to get chicken and Jenn and Mark went to Smithfield's for BBQ. Everything was excellent. We were blessed with an abundance of food. Thank you Lord.

After eating, we exchanged gifts. In our family we all draw a name at Thanksgiving and give that person a gift. We usually gather on Christmas Eve, but this year several of us had to work on Christmas Eve, so it was just better to meet today.
We all try to find just the right gift. My brother Rob searched at a half a dozen stores trying to find the right shirt for Gary. Short sleeves, no knit with a pocket (for Gary's glasses). No luck ...so he gave Gary a Wal-Mart gift card. Always a good fit. My name was drawn by my sister-in-law Cheryl. She gave me a Headband scarf and some beautiful gold earrings. We appreciate our gifts very much. I wore my headband and earrings for the rest of the day.
The best gift of all was that we were all together. My Dad is recovering. Everyone seems to be reasonably healthy today. What a blessing and joy.

Gary and I also gave tours our new home. :)
It was exciting to show her off to all who were interested.

No comments: