Sunday, July 8, 2007

This Week in Maine.


Rain, rain, rain. Off and on since the 4th it has rained. I'm glad for the folks around here since we're told they needed the rain badly. And since I've been a bit under the weather this week it hasn't bothered me that much. I've been staying close to the travel trailer. :)
I'm sad for Ellie and Gary. They've had several walks in the rain which isn't Ellie's favorite thing to do. Gary is getting really good at cleaning up after Ellie.
Yesterday the rain broke for a while and we went downtown to the harbor. We had lunch at a restaurant on the water front. Very nice view from the table, but a bit cool at 63* with a breeze. My goose bumps wished I'd brought a jacket.
We walked around and generally played tourist. Visited the t-shirt and souvenir shops. We didn't buy anything but enjoyed just looking. We arranged to go on a Whale Watching cruise today, but it has been rained out. Hopefully we'll get to go tomorrow instead.

Monday..it's here again. Rain, rain, rain..no whale watching yet. We're going to move to Bar Harbor tomorrow. Maybe the weather will be better there. I worked some this morning and Gary did laundry. His favorite chore. :) No whale watching today. Oh well..tomorrow is another day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary, Sorry it has taken me so long to write, you may be gone but not forgotten, I see you are up at my old stomping ground. Enjoy some Maine Lobster and fish for me. Glad to see things are going good. Take care and TTYL